sftp(1) -r option on get and put

In the online manpages, sftp(1) mentions that in the put and get commands that
a -r option will directories recursively. This is a very good option and one
that I would like to use. However, in 5.1 the manpage makes no mention of this
option, nor does sftp allow it (says no such option when used).

So, what's the story with the -r option?

$ uname -a
NetBSD 5.1 (GENERIC) #0: Sun Nov  7 14:39:56 UTC 2010
builds%b6.netbsd.org@localhost:/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/i386/201011061943Z-obj/home/builds/ab/netbsd-5-1-RELEASE/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC
 i386

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)