Re: kerTeX (unices/Plan9): dvips(1) added.

On Tue, Nov 09, 2010 at 04:05:03PM, tlaronde wrote:
>Hello,
>
>With some delay compared to my initial planning, here is the 0.8 version
>of kerTeX that includes all the latest versions of D.E. Knuth digital
>typography system, including fonts, a collection of utilities and, now,
>the awaited dvips(1)!
>
>It has been tested successfully on Plan9/i386 and NetBSD/i386.

I'm interested in your project. But, I have a few questions. 1) What is the
general rationale for your project (what goals do you hope to achieve and what
prompted you to begin). 2) How does it perform compared with, say, texlive's
plain TeX in areas such as cpu consumption, memory usage, execution time, etc.
(especially when document size gets large, like to 5-10k pages) -- do you have
any benchmarks? 3) Does it have any dependencies other than the standard C
library?

(I guess that's all the questions I have now)

--
Christopher Berardi
http://www.natoufa.com/

Be still, and know that I am God (Psalms 46:10)