Re (4): Saga of the installation of NetBSD on a Sparc 2

Aaron,

> I'm not sure how PAM plays into this since it deals with passwords and
> authentication.
>
> tcpdump pulls packets straight "off the wire", before they go through
> packet filtering (iptables, pf, ipf).

Thanks.  The reply from Julian Coleman at Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:51:14 +0000
was also helpful.

The principal objective for me at present is to install an external swap drive
and make it work.  The network installer worked some months ago and
should work again if I check through all the details.

Thanks again,            ... Peter E.
--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  7785886232 is gone.