Status of NetBSD 5.1?

What is the current status of NetBSD 5.1?  Latest announcement was for 5.1_RC4,
but I browsed ftp.netbsd.org and nyftp.netbsd.org and found 5.1 already
available for download, dating to Nov 7 or 11.

I now have RC4 installed, should I download 5.1 (which server? ftp.nyftp.org or
ftp.netbsd org?), or wait for announcement, or burn my bridges in favor of
current?

If I enable vesafb stuff in kernel configuration file, screen goes blank after
about one-half minute, does not come back in response to keyboard but does come
back if I type "screenblank -u" at a command prompt, so I have to be sure to
keep a command-prompt virtual terminal open at all times.  I can go into X and
not get this screen-blanking problem, or maybe I didn't wait long enough, but
then I get a blank screen except for a rectangular cursor when I come back to
text console, so when I go into X, there is no going back to text console,
though "shutdown -r now" still works.

If I comment out vesafb stuff in kernel configuration file, I am good as long
as I don't try to go into X.  If I type startx, computer freezes, screen
blanks, and only thing I can do is Reset or power off/power on.

I don't get this problem, or I got past it, in 4.0.1, which I have installed on
a 4 GB Kingston Data Traveler USB stick.

Tom