dns-sd, or using srv records to find ssh servers

I'd like to get programs like ssh and mount_psshfs to use SRV records to
look up the SSH service on my mobile and as-if-mobile computers.  That
is, I want to enable DNS Service Discovery for the WAN, not the LAN
(Apple calls this Wide-Area Bonjour).  Is anybody doing this?  Is it
possible using tools from the base system?

David Young             OJC Technologies      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933