Re: Setting up a print server.

On 27 Sep 2010, at 5:56, Max León wrote:
> I tried to install and configure CUPS on it and I succeeded to a level, I
> have CUPS up, I have HPIJS installed and working, foomatic is there, I can
> install and configure the printer but I cannot print.

I would personally not bother with CUPS. I'm using "magicfilter" and NetBSD's
own lpd(8) successfully with an HP Colour LaserJet CP1515n. The "/etc/printcap"
entry looks like this:

book|colwyn|lp:\
        :lp=9100@book-of-gquan:\
        :of=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ps600-filter:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

        Kind regards