Re: Network changes between 4.x and 5.1RC3 ?

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Jorgen Lundman <lundman%lundman.net@localhost>
wrote:

> We have run NetBSD 4 on a server for over a year and recently changed to
> NetBSD 5.0RC3. But we have been experiencing some network issues. Apart from
> the kernel and userland upgrade, nothing has chanced with hardware, setup,
> routing etc.
>
> We appear to experiencing network pauses, general sluggishness and sometimes
> transfers just appear to stall. Since its main objective is to be an
> anonymous FTP mirror, this is peculiar.
>
> I know it is fairly vague, but perhaps it is well known that some part of
> the IP stack changed, that I could look into.

Not sure if this is helpful, but I was using hardware checksumming on
my network card, and I turned it off and got much better performance.
I had been looking at the network trying to figure it out, but nothing
looked unusual. Other than it was slow.

Andy