pkgsrc observation

Hi all,

I just observed the following:

perl-5.10.0nb6 is installed and lots of packages depending on it like

% pkg_info p5-DBI-1.609
Information for p5-DBI-1.609:

The database-independent Perl database access API

I have /usr/pkgsrc/packages/All/perl-5.12.1.tgz and for every
dependency on perl-5.10.0nb6 I have the corresponding package in

Of course, I can neither upgrade using pkg_add -u perl, nor using
e.g. pkg_add -u -u p5-DBI because, as the man page describes

"Before doing so, all packages that depend on the pkg being upgraded
are checked if they also work with the new version."

I think what is needed here is a way to specify a package set to
update as one transaction. pkg_add would need to check that after
update of all the packages in the set, versions are allowed.

Best regards,