Re: how to shut down NetBSD.. :)

kamel derouiche wrote:
>> Use
>>
>> halt -p
>>
>> or
>>
>> shutdown -p now
>
> use
>
> /sbin/poweroff

I don't get it. The original poster asked how to shut down netbsd, and mentioned that he'd used shutdown -h, and halt.

Both which are the correct answer. No more is needed.

Everyone seems to assume that he wants to power down his machine. While I agree that this *might* be what he really want, it is not actually what he asked for.

So, either he already knew the correct answer, but maybe he didn't understand properly that he'd done the correct thing, or else he wants to do something else than shut down NetBSD, in which case it might pay to ask what he really wants.

        Johnny