Re: xorg vt switching on thinkpad x41

Hello,

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 11:09:08PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just did a vanilla 5.0.1 install on my thinkpad x41 (from many years
> ago, no tablet), and Xorg isn't too happy.  After getting a seemingly
> functional X configuration via "X -configure", I noticed that while I
> can switch to another vt, I can't switch back to X.  Ctrl+Alt+F5 gives
> me a black screen instead.
>
> Does anybody know what knobs I have to frob to get this to behave?

I sent a message a few days ago titled: "Xorg/radeon update renders
console unreadable". Nothing from NetBSD list.

Only hints from searching the net.

For your case, I read that the problem is with the gamma incorrectly
set. Try (after installing xgamma(1)), something like:

xgamma -screen :0 -gamma 1.0

No guarantee (and this doesn't solve my problem).

Cheers,

                      http://www.kergis.com/