Re: Novatel/Verizon USB 760 modem

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 05:42:13AM -0400, matthew sporleder wrote:
> I recently tried plugging in my Novatel/Verizon usb 760 modem and got
> messages about cd0 and sd1 but didn't see anything about a modem in
> the dmesg.  Has anyone else tried this?

Which NetBSD version are you using?
I've seen similar behaviour with usb 3G devices - the CD does contain some
windows drivers, the sd disk is an option memory card. There was a bug in the
cd driver that has been fixed in current and would explain your error messages.

The devices I used had to be initialized by the driver and the detached,
reattached with a few more interfaces (one for the modem, one for statistics).
This should all be handled automagically by the u3g driver in -current.

Martin