Re: Crashing Netbsd with cdrecord on blade100

Menuhin Saitov <> wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:07:22 +0200, "Caloro Maurizio"
> <>
> wrote:
> > Hello
> > if i want burn with cdrecord cd or dvd my system sun balde 100 crash
> > and i need to restart the system from new. i work only with ssh console
> > so i dont see excatly the causing crash.
> >
> > it would be great, to get any informations or help from you.
> > regards
> > MC
> > Total power on  hours: 395372
> > Blocks total: 2298496 Blocks current: 2298496 Blocks remaining: 638943
> > Reducing transfer size from 61440 to 32768 bytes.
> > Starting to write CD/DVD/BD at speed 4 in real SAO mode for multi
> session
> Hi,
> you should try without bunrnfree?

He did already, see his command line.

If this is a PATA only system and if the hard disk is connected
to the same cable as the CD/DVD writer, then you should the -immed
option from cdrecord in order to let cdrecord try to work around
conceptional problems from PATA.

If CD-ROM and HDD are on the same PATA cable abd you don't use -immed
then cdrecord seems to hang.

--                  (home) Jörg Schilling
D-13353 Berlin                (uni) (work) Blog: