Re: rtadvd/rtsold failing to assign a v6 address

Hi Michael,

On 24 May 2010, at 12:13, Michael van Elst wrote:

> johani%johani.org@localhost (Johan Ihren) writes:
>
>> Watching the traffic on the wire I see the router solicitation go out, I
>> see the router advertisment arrive at the client. I also see that it
>> contains the correct local prefix. But no address assignment is done.
>
>> I have several other boxes (or rather Xen VMs) configured as
>> "ip6mode="autohost" in the same way. They assign v6 addresses just
>> fine.
>
> Any magic done (or broken) with net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv or
> the corresponding ndp settings? There was some confusion in -current
> about reasonable defaults, I don't know if that spilled into netbsd-5.

I don't think so (sorry for forgetting to mention that).

Upstream router:

ns.bravo.dnslab:/root#sysctl net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 0
ns.bravo.dnslab:/root#sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding = 1

Client:

client.alpha.dnslab:/root#sysctl net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv
net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv = 1
client.alpha.dnslab:/root#sysctl net.inet6.ip6.forwarding
net.inet6.ip6.forwarding = 0

I'm still at a loss.

Regards,

Johan