Re: Remounting as read-only

Emmanuel Dreyfus(manu%netbsd.org@localhost) said 2010.05.14 13:13:47 +0000:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 01:00:53PM +0000, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> > Of course I acan umount and remount, but that invalidate file descriptors
> > that had been open read-only on the filesystem. Isthere any trick to get
> > it working as it worked on NetBSD 4?
>
> Ok, I found it: mount -f -u /flash

That updates it to rw, which is not what you want. There was another person
asking for this in NetBSD 5.0. Turns out it can't sync meta data upon
remount read only: http://gnats.netbsd.org/30525
As of NetBSD 5.0, this was disabled:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-bugs/2009/03/28/msg010192.html

HTH,