Re: Supported VM environments under MacOS dom0

On 2010-04-26 at 18:26 -0700, Phil Pennock wrote:
> I'll try a { boot -1 } in the VM when I get home tonight (personal
> laptop).  I'm only granting a single CPU, so uniprocessor kernel options
> should be fine.  If that fails, I'll try VirtualBox.

uniprocessor didn't help, with or without ACPI.

VirtualBox works great and is shinier than I expected.  ssh'ing in, to
do my work sanely with cut&paste, etc, means bridge mode not NAT mode
but so far it's been stable.  Only glitch is that IPv6 against doesn't
work, same as it doesn't in Parallels, so something outside the VM is
tampering with the host/MAC visibility to network broadcast (link
multicast) traffic.  Bleh.  I hope it's not a platform problem with
inability to support promiscuous/multicast from inside the VM bridged
onto wifi with the WPA2 security but I suspect I'm hoping in vain.

It works well enough for my purposes.

Thanks,
-Phil