Re: Acer aspire ONE D150

On Apr 6, 2010, at Apr 6, 2010 12:05 PM, killa wrote:

> Hello,
>

> I try to install NetBSD 5.0.2 on an acer aspire one D150 netbook. I use PXE
> to load the kernel  and begin the installation.
>
> My network card is not detected (Rrrr), so i use an extern HDD to do the
> installation, after 4min everythings is OK, but after my first boot i don't
> have wireless and lan card working (Rrr).
>
> Is somebody have sucess install on the same hardware ??

I have RedHat Fedora Core 11 on my D150.

The network devices mine came with (from Linux's lspci):

01:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Attansic Technology Corp. Atheros
AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (rev b0)

From what I can tell, neither of these are supported in NetBSD.

The driver I use for the BCM4312 is a binary driver from Broadcom (actually, I
got mine from the nonfree.rpmfusion.org repository).  The Atheros driver seems
to be in the kernel, which implies that it is probably open source, might be
possible for someone smarter than me to get what is needed out of it to spin up
under NetBSD.

The WiFi card is a mini-pci (probably not the right nomenclature, I have a hard
time keeping up with all the modern interfaces), so you can probably find a
card that does work with NetBSD and swap it out.

--
Michael Parson
mparson%bl.org@localhost