Re: Looking for students to work on sysinst (the NetBSD installer) for GSoC 2010

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 09:49:45PM +1100, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> * more importantly, it would allow hands-off, scripted installs such as
>   that offered by Solaris' JumpStart or Red Hat's KickStart (iirc)

Yeah, that is a different (and mostly orthogonal) goal - but experience
shows that this does not fit well into the Summer of Code environment(*),
so we are attacking that otherwise. But it is a worthwile goal, I agree.

Martin
(*) = for starters you will need a seasoned, flame proof developer instead
of a newbye/student to "dictatorically solve" the "config file - xml or not?"
irrelevant question.