Re: pinentry password screen freezes

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:09:11 +0000
Jamie Griffin <> wrote:

> Hi
> I've installed security/gpg2, pinentry is one of it's dependencies.
> I'm trying to generate a new key and when gpg invokes pinentry to
> enter a passphrase it freezes my terminal. This happens when using
> logged in remotely and when used on the console. I'm using the curses
> only version as there is no x11 on this system.
> Has anyone else experienced this and knows how to debug and fix it?

Yes, I've seen this before, and have been meaning to file a PR.
Unfortunately, the number of data points I have are very small (the
screen stopped responding when I was to enter my passphrase) and I
havn't had a chance to attempt to debug things further so as to file a
somewhat useful PR.. :(

Greg Oster