Dual-boot NetBSD/OSX on MacBook Pro?

Does anyone have NetBSD 5 and OSX 10.6.x peacefully coexisting on a current-issue MacBook Pro? I can get 5.0.2 amd64|i386 to boot by turning off ACPI, but every time I get to the point where it wants to newfs /, it tells me /dev/rwd0a busy. My goal is to split the drive between the 2 OSes but I'm getting the same error even when I tried to install the whole thing as NetBSD.

Hardware is a 13" MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD. Thanks.

--
Ron McDowell
San Antonio TX