Re: Link aggregation

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:55:35PM +0000, Sad Clouds wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:49:39 -0500
> Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:
>

> > You'll find performance in this case appalling.  You're also unlikely
> > to find an affordable switch which will let you aggregate more than 8
> > links, or any switch at all which will let you aggregate 32 links.
>
> OK thanks. All these points pretty much rule it out for any serious
> link aggregation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "serious link aggregation"; after all, if
you're aggregating more than 8 links of a given size, you could just
use the next size link up, usually at lower cost and surely with higher
performance.  I think it's reasonably telling that commercial networking
hardware typically isn't designed to allow aggregation of the numbers of
links you seem to want to, either.

Thor