Re: access control for mountd, statd, and lockd?

On Feb 7, 2010, at 1:43 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 01:35:19PM -0500, Steven Bellovin wrote:
>>
>> I suspect that the others need their own libwrap support and/or a -p option.
>
> I don't see how a -p option could work with standard RPC clients.

It would certainly take unusual code, like what mountd has.  Should there be
libwrap code in the RPC library?  Should an optional port-number mapping file
be consulted by svc_create?  I'm unhappy with the thought of network services
with no access control at all.