install help - mounting external firewire cd-rom drive

I'm trying to save an ancient Apple iBook by install NetBSD 5.0.1 on
it. Unfortunately the machine does not have a working floppy or CD
drive, so my best option seems to be to install from an external
FireWire CD-ROM drive I have. I can get the installer to run from this
drive, but I stall at the point where the installer asks where to get
the install sets. I can't figure out which device the external
firewire drive is. It isn't cd0, cd1, cd2, sd0, sd1, or sd2, or any
other reasonable entry in /dev I can think of. I've even aborted out
of the installer and looked at /dev to see if I could figure it out,
but I can't. Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Glen