Query about rename() prototype?

Hi,

I am using NetBSD sources for my system and I have a question
about rename() function prototype.

I have seen the prototype of rename() is added the following two places:

% cat src/include/unistd.h
/*
 * X/Open Portability Guide <= Issue 3
 */
#if defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE) && (_XOPEN_SOURCE - 0) <= 3
int      rename(const char *, const char *) __RENAME(__posix_rename);
#endif

% cat src/include/stdio.h

#if defined(_POSIX_C_SOURCE) || defined(_XOPEN_SOURCE)
int      rename (const char *, const char *) __RENAME(__posix_rename);
#else
int      rename (const char *, const char *);
#endif

From the POSIX specifications link below:
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/toc.htm

It is noticed that the prototype should be in <stdio.h>

I understand that if my application is _XOPEN_SOURCE complaint
then i have the prototype in <unistd.h> as well.

My query is:

In my application to which prototype should i refer from stdio.h or
unistd.h? (Do i need to modify my application?)

Thanks in advance!!

thanks and regards,
Bala Jagadiswara