Re: Resolver problems

At Thu, 3 Dec 2009 19:24:02 +0000 (UTC), mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael
van Elst) wrote:
Subject: Re: Resolver problems

> woods%planix.com@localhost ("Greg A. Woods") writes:
> >
> >You could recompile the whole system without INET6 support, i.e. with
> >the following in /etc/mk.conf:
> >
> >    MKINET6 =        no
> >    USE_INET6 =      no
>
> This wouldn't change anything. The issue is hardcoded into libc.

Hmmm... yeah, I thought of that too, afterwards.  :-)

I think it still would "work" for some native commands, such as telnet,
though I haven't actually tried that carefully enough to verify it.

That is how I compile my systems, and so far I have not had any problems
with things unexpectedly trying to use IPv6 addresses.

Perhaps libc should make use of the USE_INET6 define as well though,
just to keep all the add-on software that's either compiled locally or
which uses the dynamic-loaded version lib libc in line with local choices.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/