Re: Apache gets SIGSEGV in ssl3_finish_mac()

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 07:05:32PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I've not seen this yet, not did I get a report of such a problem.

I made some progress:

On an SSL enabled Apache 2.2.14, with no additionnal module, loading
a static page from Firefox 3.6 over SSL will work for a short time.

If I make a burst of a dozen page reload, I get a "The connexion was
reset" message from Firefox, while the serving Apache instance gets
a SIGSEGV. Once I get this, it is impossible to get the page again.
The same error will always occur until I restart Apache. Other clients
can still load the page.

I dscovered that in Firefox, setting security.enable_tls_session_tickets
to false will workaround this bug and restore a normal behavior.

Anyone has an idea of what is going on?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost