Re: No PS/2 keyboard = panic on X11 start

A little late in reply here but I wanted to report that this issue has been
(seemingly) resolved.

I'm 85% certain this was just a bug in this motherboard's BIOS (AOpen
vK8T800a-LF). In the BIOS (typical PC Phoenix BIOS) there is an option to turn
on "USB Emulation" to support things like boot loaders being able to select
boot options via old BIOS interrupt calls. This BIOS has the option to
individually enable or disable the Mouse and Keyboard Emulation -- separately.
Because I didn't need mouse emulation I disabled that and only had the Keybaord
emulation enabled. When just enable both mouse and keyboard emulation all seems
to work - X11 starts up fine without a system restart and without a PS/2
keybaord actually plugged in.

Thanks and wantd to pass along the good news! Obviously been bugging me for a
few years. ;)
- Jesse

--
Jesse Peterson <jpeterson275%comcast.net@localhost>