Re: ssh scans

At Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:35:58 -0400, Steven Bellovin
<smb%cs.columbia.edu@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: ssh scans

> My incident was on Linux, that being the supported OS at $DAYJOB...

I thought most of the common GNU/Linux distributions had also integrated
libcrack to provide for stronger password selection controls.  Perhaps
it's not enabled by default and is poorly documented?

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218 0099        http://www.planix.com/