Re: cpu usage

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 01:55:54PM +0200,
6bone%6bone.informatik.uni-leipzig.de@localhost wrote:
> WAPBL is compiled into the kernel but not used.

It can't be the cause of the problem in that case. WAPBL can degrade
performance in some cases when the VM sub-systems needs to free
a lot pages.

> Can it be a problem with the size of the process?

Maybe, but I don't know for sure. Is it a multi-threaded Perl script?
Perls threading has its locking issues.

Did you try running "systat vm" to see what is going on?

        Kind regards