subversion-base binary in pkgsrc 2009Q2: md5 checksum failed

Hi all,

Hi all,

I'm setting up NetBSD 4.0.1 and NetBSD 5.0.1 i386 testing systems on
VMware Fusion 2.0.1 on Mac OS X 10.6 for a piece of software I'm working
on. I'm using pkgsrc to install various software. In this case I'm
trying to install subversion.

I know I can use pkgsrc to build from source (this alwayss works) and I
can fetch pre-built binaries from:

I'm trying to install the pre-built subversion package like so:

# PKG_PATH=<one_of_above_urls>/All
# pkg_add subversion
pkg_add: <snipped 4.0 vs 4.0.1, 5.0 vs 5.0.1 warnings>
pkg_add: Read error for bin/svn: gzip decompression failed
original MD5 checksum failed, not deleting: /usr/pkg/bin/svn
pkg_add: Couldn't remove /usr/pkg/bin/svnadmin

I'm not sure which md5 checksum fails in this case. From the error
message above, I think it is about the bin/svn binary in the
subversion-base package specifically. I've checked this by uncompressing
subversion-base and comparing the md5sums from +CONTENTS and bin/svn:

# grep -w -A 2 "bin/svn" +CONTENTS
@comment MD5:09bf8a47759af277d57066ad9d270019
# md5 bin/svn
MD5 (bin/svn) = 09bf8a47759af277d57066ad9d270019

So the package contents seem sane to me. What am I doing wrong? Is one
not supposed to use the binary builds of pkgsrc packages? The reason I
want to try it with the binary builds from is because of
demonstration purposes (ie. live demonstration of cd install, install a
few packages quickly using PKG_PATH and pkg_add).

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated!