Apropos problem in web interface

I'm new to NetBSD so I apologize if this is sent to the wrong mailing list. I have been using the web interface for man pages on It works fine if I know the exact name of the manual but if I try the apropos link I get the following message:
apropos: no whatis.db file found

Am I doing something wrong or is that no longer a supported feature?
I have also tried the man page interface on but that won't work either. I only get results from freebsd manuals.
Are these problems connected somehow?