Re: 5.0.1 - pkg_add doesn't

Hello Ingolf,

On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 10:22:37PM +0200, Ingolf Steinbach wrote:
> What's happening here? (nearly(*) fresh NetBSD/i386 5.0.1):
>
> [...]
>
> Neither is there a hal package installed after pkg_add returns nor
> does pkg_add emit any indication of an error or any "verbose" output
> (besides the warning wrt 5.0/5.0.1 which I understand and which is
> *not* the topic). pkg_add just returns after considerable(!) amount of
> time -- apparently without doing anything.
>
> (*) besides: three other packages installed correctly: tcsh, screen, and dbus.
I can confirm this problem with NetBSD 5.0.1 on a i386 machine: i wait a
lot of time - several minutes - and then nothing is installed.
I have this problem only with packages with various dependencies and I
can also confirm that this problem does *not* occur with a local
PKG_PATH (e.g. /usr/pkgsrc/packages)

I use as a "workaround" pkgtools/pkgin. I'm also more comfortable with
it.

Ciao, Leonardo
--
 Leonardo Taccari | Peace, love and NetBSD. | http://leot.altervista.org/