Re: Xen 3.3 vs NetBSD/i386

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:27:34 -0400
Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 09, 2009 at 03:01:09AM +0000, Dima Veselov wrote:
> > Sorry if i wasn't accurate enough. NetBSD 5.0.1 comes with non-PAE
> > DOM0 stock kernels and it won't build with "options PAE". So the
> > premise is non-working 5.0.1/Xen 3.3 setup.
>
> [When posting to the NetBSD mailing lists:
>       1) please don't top-post, it robs other readers of context.

Funny, you just did that yesterday. :-)

>       2) please wrap lines at 78 characters.]
>
> What is your host?  If it's new enough to support 64-bit operation,
> even if it's a Pentium 4 where 64-bit mode is slow, you can run an
> amd64 xen kernel in domain 0, and PAE i386 DomU kernels.
>
> NetBSD-current supports PAE in both dom0 and domU.

Sure, but thats an unsupported configuration, so no-go on production systems.
amd64 is not always a way to go either. Can we supply a non-PAE Xen 3.3 or it
is not supported anymore by upstream? (this question goes to everyone with
xen-fu)

Cheers

--
Adam Hoka <Adam.Hoka%Gmail.com@localhost>