Re: trouble with ipf

At Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:25:49 -0700, Michael Litchard
<michael%schmong.org@localhost> wrote:
Subject: trouble with ipf

> I'm having some trouble with ipf right now. I'm not sure how to start
> the troubleshooting process.
> Any direction on this matter would be appreciated.
> Here's some relevant information
>
> michael# /sbin/ipf -Fa
> ioctl(SIOCIPFFL): Input/output error

Could it be as simple as not yet having IPF enabled?

i.e. have you run:

        /sbin/ipf -E

first?  (it can be done with the first flush:  "ipf -E -F a"

This should be done automatically by /etc/rc.d/ipfilter if you simply
set "ipfilter=YES" in /etc/rc.conf and reboot.

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.

<woods%planix.com@localhost>       +1 416 218-0099        http://www.planix.com/