Re: Microsoft in NetBSD?

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 10:20:12AM +0200, Nino on NetBSD 4.0 wrote:
> REALLY? What? :D - In fact, I am surprised about it,
> because the BSDs usually try to eliminate the GNU tools,
> while at the same time, there is Microsoft stuff... ?!

It is about the license, not who wrote it. We try to reduce GPL usage
(as that is restrictive, from our perspective), but if someone (whoever!)
offers code with acceptable licenses, why not use it?

Some of this code, however, is included in the source tree, but not compiled
into the system, like crypto/dist/openssl/crypto/rand/rand_win.c.

Some arm (and especially evbarm omap2) sources were written by someone
working for Microsoft and use a 3 clause BSD license, see
sys/arch/arm/omap/omap_rtc.c for an example.

Martin