Re: 5.0 and Eee PC 701

Hello Michael, Joel, Stephen and matthew!

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 06:42:05PM +0200, Joel Carnat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running RC3 on it.
>
> As far as I remember, you have to patch your sources with
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmcneill/ath-0.10.5.10.patch.gz and
> http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmcneill/ath-0.10.5.10-ieee80211.patch
>
> That's all.
> Touckpad, X and Sleep work out of the box.

Michael, to the list of must-have patches that Joel listed probably
you're interested too on the hotplug patch for ppb(4):

 http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/jmcneill/ppb-hotplug.patch

It permits you to turn on and off the wireless card via ``Fn + F2''.
I compiled a 5.0_BETA kernel and I'm running it for about 5 months
without any problems (on a Eee PC 900, but AFAIK they are pretty
similar).

For more information about the Jared's ppb-hotplug patch:

 http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2008/09/23/msg002783.html

Enjoy NetBSD on the netbook Michael! :-)

Ciao, Leonardo
--
 Leonardo Taccari | Peace, love and NetBSD. | http://freeshells.ch/~leot/