Re: 4.0.1 -> 5.0

Neal Hogan wrote:
> The issue is getting from that machine to you guys. It doesn't fully
> boot under multi-user mode and doesn't get network access under
> single-user mode

Ah, sorry, I see.

If you can boot 4.0 from a CD or otherwise not from the disk, you can
mount the 5.0 root partition and copy dmesg.boot from there.  I don't
suppose a 10-year old laptop has USB, but I would think it boot from CD.

(At the risk of pointing out the obvious again, you can boot the install
kernel, quit the installation script, and start the network
independently.)

HTH.

--jkl