AW: libgnomeprintui - gail - gtk problems ?

Hello and thanks for your fast reply

It seems to bet that it was to old me pkgsrc directory, after cvs update ist
running better thanks an see you

Betreff: Re: libgnomeprintui - gail - gtk problems ?

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Caloro Maurizio wrote:

> gtk2+-2.12.10     GIMP Toolkit v2 - libraries for building X11 user
interfaces
> glib2-2.20.10     Some useful routines for C programming (glib2)

> ===> Creating toolchain wrappers for libgnomeprintui-2.18.2
>
> ERROR: gail>=1.8.0 is not installed; can't buildlink files.
> *** Error code 1

(I sure dislike this error!)

This almost always means you have the dependency package already installed
but the version is not good enough. This is caused by that dependency
being indirect and being pulled in by a dependency that does have a good
enough version.

My first suggestion is to update pkgsrc. The gail package was removed a
few months ago, when it was integrated into gtk2. So after you update
pkgsrc, remove your gail package (and I suggest you remove anything that
requires gail). Then "make clean clean-depends" in the package you are
trying to build. And then build again.