Re: Help for a clueless audio-idiot!

> So, I hook up the speakers and run audioplay.  Nothing happens.

(I snipped all the azalia stuff because I am also well confused about it
as you can see in a few old threads. From a quick look at your configs it
looks like your volume is half way up so enough to hear.)

I use audioplay for some "RIFF (little-endian) data, WAVE audio, Microsoft
PCM, 16 bit, mono 8000 Hz" files.

For MP3 files, I use mplayer, splay, mpg321, mpg123, ffplay (ffmpeg
client).