Re: amd64 or i386?

Carl Brewer, 03/09/09 01:46:

For those of you in the clue-tree, any feeling on how far away RC3 (or release?!) is for 5.0? A week or so or months? I know it's a tricky one to answer, but are we close (weeks) or is it months away?

Well i'm impatient too ;) though i have 3 months old userland. Someone guess ETA?

I'm curious about NetBSD5/amd64 and NetBSD5/i386 performance differences in reading, writing + running graphical softwares using X11R7. I should wait because my graphic card is supported through (modular) Xorg now (and package compilation takes long time - no compiled packages for NetBSD5_RC).

By the way, shouldn't be there pre-compiled packages for NetBSD5_RC?

Cem