Re: dump core while running

Wouter Klouwen wrote:
Brad du Plessis(bradd%cat.co.za@localhost) said 2009.03.03 17:14:33 +0000:
Is there a way from within a userland app to get it to core dump and keep running? I'd like to see a full back trace with symbols etc. when a certain error (which is handled) happens within my code but I'd like the app to continue running. Searched a bit and couldn't find anything that dumps the core without killing the app too.

What's wrong with attaching gdb and breaking on when that error is thrown?

I'd like to do this in different 30 processes running simultaneously across 15 systems running 24/7 but they may be rebooted during that time so attaching gdb to each process every time is not practical. In the case of an unusual exception I want them to keep running with the idea being that I'd connect and have a look at the cores some time later to investigate.

Brad