Re: libm trigonometric functions and i387

   Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:45:52 -0500
   From: Taylor R Campbell <campbell%mumble.net@localhost>

   If I statically link against libm387 instead, of course, I get the
   wrong answer.  So code to compute good approximations is certainly
   installed in NetBSD.  Now is there any way to get this with dynamic
   linking, short of editing /etc/ld.so.conf?

Or, alternatively: Is there a way to persuade the linker to link libm
statically, and link only libm statically, when I pass -lm?  I could
pass /usr/lib/libm.a rather than -lm, but -lm defers the work of
finding the library's pathname to GCC.

(I am not subscribed to this list; please cc me in replies.)