Re: Beagleboard (was Re: Inexpensive, low power, "wall wart" computer)

I've been kinda waiting for a long time to find some box that makes
sense to add a lot of storage to and let it sit on my network with
NFS, Samba, FTP, HTTP, whatever so I can get to the storage however I

I'd like to see a low cost bring-your-own-drives NAS appliance that is RACK MOUNT! Maybe one that holds 12 drives instead of 4 or 5. But at the same price point as a 4 or 5 drive one (you could put the control logic on the same board as the SATA connectors, so the whole unit would only need to be 10" deep or so.

There are some fairly low cost chassis on ebay that hold 16 to 20 drives, so that is probably the solution I will go with for the home storage server.

Egg shaped orbs with glowing LEDs? NO! Beautiful rackmount units with style.