redundant net links?

I'd like to set up a redundant set of hosts to manage a web application.
I'm familiar with IPMP in the Solaris world and have had a small amount
of exposure to CARP from OpenBSD ...

In this case, I'm wanting to set up a web service on two hosts such that
one will take over the application IP from the other under certain
conditions (link failure or for maintenance).

What do others use to create resilient networked applications on a
NetBSD platform?

It's a very basic web interface and doesn't have any server-side session
state to manage, so it should be fairly easy to set up - just the IP
failover would be enough as long as the server app is listening on both
hosts in an active/active condition ...

... to be honest I'm not sure where/why one would use CARP instead of
IPMP as they seem to do a very similar job (although CARP also offers
load sharing/balancing)

Has anyone tackled something like this before?

Regards,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left