Re: Upgrading from source

On Feb 17, 2009, at 9:06 AM, Cem Kayali wrote:

Arthur Barlow, 02/17/09 19:00:
I'm new to NetBSD, though I've used FreeBSD for several years. I originally installed the 4.0.1 version from CD. I'd now like to upgrade the system to 5.0, but I'm clearly doing it wrong. What I tried to do was create the "/usr/src" directory and then checkout the current version with CVS, by doing the "cvs checkout -A -P src" command. This definitely updates the source, but when I try to install the userland section, it throws and error with a mention to a "-pthread" operation. I used "./build.sh -u -U distribution." What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

Please follow http://www.netbsd.org/docs/current/#updating document, which perfectly works!

Regards,

I actually have tried this process verbatim, and I still get an error.