Re: [netbsd-5] SHLIBDIR and SHLINKDIR behavior change?

> The problem is what I last described.  For some reason ld.elf_so tries
> to load libc again as a dependency of libbz2.  It's not something it did

Yes -- I wasn't aware, or had forgotten, that SOs could, themselves,
depend other SOs.

So I applied the SHLIBDIR and SHLINKDIR conifgs in all four Makefiles and
rebuilt and sure enough:

 rd_root/lib/libbz2.so.1.1:
         -lc.12 => /lib/libc.so.12

So It must have slipped through the cracks.  My netbsd-5 build environment
got setup in a hurry.

Because this has been such an easy, small, and error proof patch to
maintain locally, I'vea lway sshied away from recommending it be the
NetBSD default.

~BAS