Re: rump vs. smbfs

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:09:51AM +0000, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> I have a NAS device that supports only SMB/CIFS which I would like
> to use for nightly backups of my NetBSD/amd64 5.0_BETA. But I don't
> trust NetBSD's SMBFS very much and using "smbclient" is a bit
> cumbersome,

Not really what you're looking for, but I've been using
smbclient as part of a backup script for years.  Works fine and
reliably, if you're just putting a dump or tar file on a remote
server.  It would be fiddly for something more rsync flavoured,
but you really want proper Unix file system semantics for that
route anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew