Re: mpt controller: use it to raid, or use raidframe?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 01:08:56PM +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> > If this the Sun Fire X4140 I would try RAID 5 in hardware which
> > is very fast (on the machine at work under Linux) and offers a
> > lot of disk space.
>
> If this is indeed the case, I can try it in the weekend.
> Mmmm, ILOM :-)

This is an LSI controller which does RAID 5 but uses the mpt driver?

That sounds very odd to me.  What I have seen, though, are LSI controllers
which use mpt if an optional RAID module is not present or not in use, but
mfi -- the driver for "MegaRAID SAS" -- otherwise.

The mfi driver has some nasty bugs.

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost