Re: mpt controller: use it to raid, or use raidframe?

At 11:37 Uhr +0100 15.01.2009, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
With a mpt SAS controller - should I use raidframe on the individual
disks (thinking of mirror + hot spares) or use the MPT bios?

(e.g., are there tools to view at least mpt status from NetBSD?)

There's kern/26825 against the parallel scsi version of the adapter. While Debian seems to do fine with them in raid 1 mode, I had to replace all the mpts in the NetBSD machines with ami megaraid cards.

Unless you want to work on said PR, raidframe might be a better bet.

        hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281