Re: named complaining more than once an hour, spamming logs

Am 05.12.2008 um 16:53 schrieb Wouter Klouwen:

A process cannot change PID, so therefore you have two named processes,
competing for the same resources.
Shutdown all of your named processes and start up named again with the rc

I already tried restarting it with /etc/rc.d/named, but that didn't help. But I just noticed now that there were indeed two named processes, one which just wouldn't die the normal way, so I gave it a little help with pkill :). Now it seems to work again. I wonder why there were two named processes running anyway… Thanks for the quick reply!