Re: jemalloc SEGV problem

Channa wrote:

> Hi,
> I checked the implementation the problem i found was in the following macro
> it was declared as
> #define CHUNK_2POW_DEFAULT 20
>
> I changed it to 12 and malloc works fine.I think for my architecture
> the pagesize is 4K so the value
> 12 works.

I wonder if your environment has probles allocating 2^20 byte chunks of
virtual address space (but this isn't really that large)?  It looks like
jemalloc does something along the lines of:

        addr = mmap(.., 2^CHUNK_2POW_DEFAULT, MAP_PRIVATE | MAP_ANON);

Are using an enviroment with such a mmap() call for a 1MB size might
cause problems?

Simon.